Ohhhhh

Ohhhhh
hey look!!!!

10/15/10

Power trip

   A time when I was deluded with my own power was in 2000, Mrs. Riely's Kindergarten class. Whenever Mrs. Riley would have a substitute teacher, she would always assign a student helper.
  The only way you could become a student helper would be if you had five stars on the star board, you would of had to be in lead on the "Reading Racetrack", and most important your behavior card would of had to have been green all week. So as you can see standards for becoming a student helper were very high.Since the beginning of the year I had been trying my very hardest to become a helper. I was always so close,but my behavior card never seemed to be able to stay on green. But you see it wasn't even my fault. Every time I tried to stay out of trouble Kevin Gregor would always mess it up for me. He was always talking to me or making noises beside me, and get this, he always hit me first! But anyway, the day finally arrived. I was finally student helper! As student helper it was my job to lead the class line into class in the morning, out to nutrition at 10am and out to the yard at the end of the school day. My duties also included leading the ABC's and 123's songs and 
distributing the play time toys before nutrition. It was about 9:45 and I was doing really well with my responsibilities. No, scratch that I was doing exceptionally well with my responsibilities. The time was now about 9:50, around ten minutes before nutrition. It was time to hand out the toys.There were no assigned toys for anyone in particular, but everyone had a specific toy they particularly liked.So, as I was handing out the toys I came a across Kevin's favorite toy, a red 'Hotwheels' racer. I never cared for cars and in fact I still didn't, but just to spite Kevin I picked up the toy and put it in my cubby for myself. As you can imagine when it was Kevin's turn to pick his toy he was extremely irate. He began to yell and in turn I told the teacher. Not only did I tell the teacher but I innocently suggested that he be put on a time out in the R and R corner (reflect and reconcile corner). 
  In the end I did abuse mt student helper position, but I can't help but admit that I had a lot of funny in the process.

No comments: