Ohhhhh

Ohhhhh
hey look!!!!

10/25/10

Prompt 8


Math
From kindergarten to the first few years in college you know that you will always have math and English classes. English is easy to understand as to why you need so many years of it, you will make it nowhere in life without the ability to read and write, simply put. Math on the other hand doesn’t seem to be that important. You often here people saying things along the lines of “When will I ever use this in real life?” True not all math will show up again outside your math class but that doesn’t change the fact that math is still very important.
            People don’t really think about it but they use math everyday, usually multiple times a day. When you go to the store you have to estimate how much your products will cost you, then you have to see if you have enough money for the actual product and taxes. In that moment you added and subtracted without probably noticing. We all remember learning fractions and being taught using that pie example. It happens to be very accurate though for example, when you have a medium pizza that comes with about 8 slices and you need to feed 4 people what do you do? Pretty simple you divide the eight slices by four people, which makes the fraction 8/4, and you end with a result of 2. Each person is able to get 2 slices of pizza.
            As you can tell simple math is all around us; from a trip to the store to eating dinner. We find ourselves using math numerous times a day multiple times a day. In fact I used math in writing this paper. My paper had to be 250 or more words, by the time I got to my conclusion I had 242 words, so I subtracted and figured I needed at least 8 more words to reach my quota.

No comments: